Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rossi's Celebrate their 5th Anniversary in Disney Style!



















On Wednesday August 15th we set out on a 7am flight to L.A. with Amy and our good friend Donnie to celebrate our 5th Anniversary. We spent four full days at Disneyland with one day at Universal Studios. Upon arrival in L.A. we picked our mode of transportation to be a yellow PT Cruiser we called the "Bumble Bee." It just made us laugh to look at it, so we had to have it. The weather was scorching hot (in the high 90's most every day) making it necessary to go on Splash Mountain and any other ride we could get soaked on as many times as possible. We spent one full day at Disney with my friend and college roomie, Kelly (who now lives in LA working for Jeopardy). On this day the gang talked me into going on all of the scary rides at California Adventure (California Screamin Roller Coaster and the Hotel Tower of Terror). Once was enough for me as I begged to go back to Disney and the Pirates of the Caribbean. On Friday August 17th we celebrated our Anniversary with a fabulous dinner at the Blue Bayou restaurant (located inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride). It is completely candlelit and reminds you of New Orleans. I had the pork chop, Amy Salmon, and the boys prime rib. We ended the evening standing in a long line for the new Finding Nemo ride (we didn't get on until after midnight and it was a bit of a let down). Other highlights included my three corn dogs at Disney (probably the best I've ever had), getting completely soaked on the Jurassic Park Ride at Universal Studios, seeing Will Smith filming Hancock on the Universal lot (a highlight for the rest of the gang as I couldn't see him), and spending time at our hotel pool sipping Pina Coladas. Favorite rides (besides the scary ones) included Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain Railroad, and the Indiana Jones Ride (we had to get our daily dose of these). While I think I've exhausted Disneyland in California for a while, I am now open to visiting all of the Disneylands in the world (just a fun travel goal of mine).

No comments: