Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mandy turns THIRTY--eek!!!









What a fabulous 30th birthday!!! After spending most of the week in Whistler (where I reflected on my 20's and wrote a list of all that I had accomplished in my 20's and all that I wanted to do in my 30's), we returned to Seattle Thursday evening to begin the festivities. After midnight on "Friday the 13th" Dan and Amy sang "Happy Birthday" to me. The next morning I awoke to a knock on the door and it was my neighbor, Trent, bringing Dan and I Chai from Starbucks to kick off the morning. After this we headed off to the 5 Sport where we met up with Amy for a little 5 spot breakfast. There Amy gave me my first present of the day...a pair of new sandals which I would wear after getting a signature pedicure after breakfast at the Gene Juarez Spa downtown. While Amy and I were at the spa, Dan was slaving away on a 30th birthday cake he was making for me back home (see the pretty picture of my pink cake). When I returned home I had presents that had arrived from dan's parents and my sister-in-law, Christina (a new purse and a Disneyland photo album that Christina had made). From here mom and dad arrived and we headed out to the Icon Grill for dinner where we met up with Carrie, Steve, and Debbie. Dinner consisted of comfort food of fried chicken and mashed potatoes. After dinner we enjoyed birthday cake and ice cream back at the Rossi household where I continued opening gifts. What a terrific day!!

No comments: